Social Media apps
Hello, my name is Mark Joshua Dacumos, I am a grade 10 student of Mary Ward Catholic Secondary High School. This is about the app Instagram affection under 13 years old people.
- What do you think about the new versions of social media apps for younger kids?
In my opinion, the new versions of apps (i.e. in Social media) can help the younger kids below 13 "not" receive any types of information at their age. With those apps for the kids, they can avoid any bad influences from the teenagers/adults such as saying unacceptable words, posting sensitive pictures/videos, or conflicts in media, etc. Younger kids should stay at the age where they are limited to information for a bright future with their loved ones and have a better relationship in their community. Therefore, apps for kids can form a bright future ahead of them.
- Do you think there is any merit in these apps?
These apps can be worthy specifically for the younger kids because they can limit the kids from receiving any information that is not allowed at their age. Apps that are for kids, such as messenger kids or YouTube kids, can help limit the information "not for kids"
- Did you have any social media apps before the age of 13?
I received my first phone at the age of 11 years old which is below 13, however, I never used any of these kids' apps. Although I did use a social media which is Facebook, this app was the first thing I ever used for communicating with either my family and/or friends. Also even though I had Facebook, I never did really check on it daily nor use it for posting, I only use it for communicating as that was what my parents use to say. My parents did not allow me to use social media much, as they said that social media is not good for children my age.
- Do you think that the regular version of these apps is just fine for younger kids to use? is it safe?
- Any other thoughts about social media and age limits?
My last thought about social media and age limits is that whoever is the administrator of the apps should always be aware and have security for the limitation of the information being shared. This can prevent younger kids receive any information that is not required at their age.




Comments
Post a Comment